Mission, Vision & Values
What Makes Us WellPoint
WellPoint strives to be the most trusted choice for consumers and a leader in affordable quality care. With an unyielding commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse customers, we are guided by the following principles: Our Vision WellPoint will transform health care and become the most valued company in our industry. The result will be:
- Improved health, health care quality and affordability
- Increased member satisfaction and enrollment
- Superior returns to shareholders
- Enhanced opportunities for associates
- A highly trusted and respected national organization
Mission WellPoint's mission is to improve the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities.
The WellPoint companies offer a choice of quality branded health benefits and related financial services designed to meet the changing expectations of individuals, families and their sponsors through a lifelong relationship.
WellPoint, through our foundations and corporate social responsibility programs, takes a leadership role to improve our communities and is helping to address some of health care's most pressing issues.
- Customer First. We view WellPoint through the eyes of our customers. This means actively pursuing ways to improve quality and service so that we keep our commitments to our customers.
- Lead Through Innovation. We work to create faster, simpler, smarter solutions and to deliver products and services that anticipate our customers' needs. We challenge the way things have always been done.
- One Company, One Team. We treat everyone with respect, dignity and common courtesy no matter what their position in the company. We collaborate with others to achieve results.
- Personal Accountability for Excellence. We believe that a promise made should be a promise kept. We establish and meet high-performance expectations.
- Integrity. We strive to act ethically, honestly and fairly in all situations. We are consistent in word and deed.
The hallmarks of WellPoint's business strategy are to be the most trusted choice for consumers and a leader in affordable quality care. We are guided by the following principles:
- Health care is locally delivered and locally consumed. A health plan must have the local market presence and resources to understand and meet the needs of local customers and health care professionals.
- We work to keep health care coverage affordable by improving health, health care quality and by leveraging WellPoint's national scale to enhance service, improve operations and better achieve efficiency.
- Consumers want a product portfolio that features choice. Members want to choose what works for them and their families in an open marketplace.
- Stable growth comes in large part from a diversified customer base across all of our geographies. Our consistent, steady performance provides our customers the security of knowing that our health plans will be there to finance their health care expenses.
Our business strategy establishes a framework that yields tangible value for all of our constituents - members, employers, health care professionals, associates, and shareholders.
Family of Companies
WellPoint's Blue-licensed subsidiaries and their affiliates provide a comprehensive range of group and individual health benefit, life and disability products.
WellPoint has grown with consistency and reliability in our industry. This performance is the result of strong internal growth, strategic expansion and an approach to managing and growing our business that is guided by a commitment to leadership, innovation and social responsibility. A wide range of products are offered by WellPoint's subsidiaries throughout the United States.
- Anthem Behavioral Health
Anthem Behavioral Health offers confidential and timely behavioral health benefit management services as well as innovative employee assistance programs to companies. www.anthem.com
- Anthem Dental
Anthem Dental has been administering a complete range of dental plans since 1984, including Indemnity, PPO and DHMO products, currently covering over 1 million members.
- Anthem Life Insurance Company
Anthem Life sells group term life, accidental death and dismemberment, dependent life, short-term disability income, and long-term disability income. www.anthem.com
- Anthem Vision
Anthem Vision offers a cost-effective means of securing full service and discounted vision products and funding options for their clients interested in providing quality vision care benefits for their employees. www.anthem.com
Independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Specialty Companies and Affiliates which do not offer Blue Cross and Blue Shield branded products and services.
- American Imaging Management
American Imaging Management, Inc. (AIM), a leading radiology benefit management and technology company, partners with leading health plans and health care providers to promote the most appropriate, high quality and effective use of diagnostic imaging. www.americanimaging.net
HealthCore is a health outcomes and clinical research firm that integrates claims data with other information, such as medical charts and survey research, to support evidence-based health decisions by clinicians, patients and payors. www.healthcore.com
HealthLink offers network rental and administrative services to employers, unions, governmental subdivisions, schools and insurance companies. www.healthlink.com
- Health Management Corporation
Health Management Corporation (HMC) is a leading health and disease management company that manages high-cost, high-impact conditions, achieving definitive value for national health plans and employers. www.choosehmc.com
- Golden West Dental & Vision
Golden West Dental & Vision has over 25 years of experience in the delivery of quality, affordable dental and vision benefits to groups and individuals. www.goldenwestdental.com
- Meridian Resource Company
Meridian is a diversified health care cost containment company offering subrogation, hospital bill auditing, DRG validation, claim repricing and negotiations, as well as claim administration audits to insurance companies, TPAs, employer groups and government agencies. www.meridianresource.com
- National Government Services, Inc.
National Government Services, Inc.'s most significant area of business is the administration of government contracts for Medicare under the authority of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. www.ngsmedicare.com
- OneNation Benefit Administrators
OneNation Benefit Administrators is a third-party administrator with more than 40 years of experience designing and administering benefit plans that help reduce costs and provide quality services.
- PrecisionRx Specialty Solutions
PrecisionRx Specialty Solutions is a full-service specialty mail pharmacy designed to more effectively manage and monitor the distribution of specialty drugs. PrecisionRx Specialty Solutions offers a robust support program including a team of personal care coordinators, pharmacists and nurses to help people taking specialty medications achieve the best possible outcomes from their treatments. www.precisionrxspecialtysolutions.com
- Resolution Health, Inc.
Resolution Health is a data analytics-driven personal health care guidance company whose services help improve the safety, quality and coordination of health care, help lower health care costs, and enhance communications between patients and their physicians. www.resolutionhealth.com
UniCare is dedicated to the delivery of quality health care plans and products working together with its customers, consultants, brokers, providers and employers. www.unicare.com
- United Government Services
United Government Services (UGS) is a Medicare Part A Intermediary, responsible for processing Medicare Part A claims and providing other administrative services on behalf of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. www.ugsmedicare.com
- WellChoice New Jersey
PPO and HMO operations serving members. www.wellchoicenj.com
- WellPoint Behavioral Health
WellPoint Behavioral Health has more than 15 years of experience in delivering cost-effective services that build positive relationships among employers, their employees seeking service and the health care professionals. www.wellpointbehavioral.com
- WellPoint Dental Services
Dental Services can trace its origins to 1972, making it one of the oldest and most experienced dental plan administrators in the industry today. www.wellpointdental.com
- WellPoint NextRx
WellPoint NextRx is a premier provider of pharmacy benefit management services, administering pharmacy benefits for millions of customers throughout the United States. As the nation's fourth largest pharmacy benefit manager, NextRx is focused on the delivery of innovative programs and services with the goal of improved health and reduced total health care costs. www.wellpointnextrx.com
- WellPoint Workers' Compensation Managed Care Services
WellPoint Workers' Compensation Managed Care Services helps injured workers, insurance companies and self-insured employers by providing affordable health care provider networks and managing the appropriateness of medical care. www.bclhwcmcs.com/